5 cooperating ministries
As the Transition Programme for Innovation without the use of animals covers several policy areas, five ministries have joined forces to promote this transition:
- The Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport keeps a keen eye on drivers and developments in the health care sector, as well as on regulatory risk and safety assessments.
- The Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management focuses on risk and safety assessments of chemicals.
- The Ministry of Education, Culture and Science promotes scientific excellence.
- The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy stimulates innovation.
- Within the policy areas of the Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality, animal studies are conducted in the fields of plant protection, food safety and livestock farming.
The supervisory authority for the Transition Programme for Innovation without the use of animals is the Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality.